I’m going to make a bold claim… Getting ripped is easy IF you do the right exercises at the right level of intensity. But here are the dumb mistakes most guys make at the gym:
The Dumbest Workout Mistake Most Guys Make
#1 Not Having a Plan: Most guys never see any results when they workout because they don’t follow a plan. Whether they want to build muscle or lose weight, you have to have a clear, structured workout to help you reach your goals. Most guys just go to the gym and do a bunch of bicep curls, bench presses, and calf raises. They aren’t following a plan and that’s exactly why they get no results.
#2 Doing isolated exercises: Isolated exercises like bicep curls and calf raises don’t stimulate enough muscle fibers to build lean muscle or use enough energy to burn lots of calories. It’s much better to do full-body, compound exercises with lots of intensity.
#3 Using exercise machines: Exercise machines force you into awkward movements. Machines alter how your body naturally moves. This severely limits your ability to activate all of your muscles fibers — so you burn less fat and get less muscle definition. Free weights are much better because they stimulate hundreds of stabilizer muscles when used properly.
#4 Long bouts of “low and slow” cardio: Cardio is important. But there’s a right way to do it and a wrong way to do it. When you combine cardio with strength training, you get great results.
#5 Doing crunches and situps for a 6-pack: You need to work your core, but remember, abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym. Proper diet will help you slim down and core exercises will make your abs sharp and defined.
#6 Doing long, ineffective workouts: Fitness is intensity dependent, not time dependent. Do the right exercises at the right level of intensity and you’ll be lean and ripped in no time.
If you’re a busy guy that wants to get lean and ripped without wasting time in the gym, I’ve compiled the best, most actionable, most interesting workout and fitness tips for busy guys.
Sign up to my email list because every few days I’ll send you insider secrets and scientifically proven fitness tips that will get you lean and ripped FAST. I treat my email subscribers like kings and share the absolute best fitness info I can.
Here a few articles I’ve compiled:
- How to Get Ripped in 15 Days (this is what I used to get the results in the picture above)
- How a Baseball Bat Can Reduce Muscle Soreness (lifechanging! never miss a workout due to sore muscles)
- Hilarious Video that PROVES You Can’t Out-train a Bad Diet (this will help you make smarter food choices)
- A Review of My Favorite Fitness Program for Beginners (I used this for 90 days to get muscular and ripped)
- Why Abdominal Fat is More DEADLY Than You Think (if you’re over 40, you need to know this)
- The #1 Mental Trick to Make Your Workout 38% More Effective (yes, you can think yourself thin)
- How to Build a Lean, Angular Physique (hint: this is the kind of physique women actually like)
- The #1 Spice that BEATS Abdominal Fat (this is really interesting actually)
- The 50 AMAZING Health Benefits of Honey (who knew this stuff is so good for you?)
- The 22 Laws of Fitness for Men (every guy should read this article to stay strong and healthy)
- The 4 Hormones Every Man Needs to Harness (a really good scientific article showing how to get healthier)
- The 6 Exercises You MUST Do to Get Ripped (most people never use these)
- 12 Foods to Keep On-Hand to Burn Fat, Build Muscle, and Keep Your Hunger in Check (for less than $25)
- Why Training Like an Athlete Will Allow You to Workout Just 25 Minutes/3x’s a Week (hint: fitness is INTENSITY dependent, not time dependent)
- A 3 Week Workout Schedule You Can Follow to Get Results – NOW! (plus, a video demonstration; it’s only 1 minute and 29 seconds)
This is perfect for busy guys… (it works extremely well and is highly effective).
My stuff is geared towards busy guys (like me) who want to get lean and ripped as quickly as possible. They typically don’t have lots of time to mess around in a gym like parents, students, and busy executives. If that’s you, then sign up.